N.R. Narayana Murthy & Family Biography, History, Personal Life, Profile, Book, Family, Daughter Wedding, Forbes Billionaire, Infosys, Quotes and many more…
Nagavara Ramarao Narayana Murthy is also known as N R Narayana Murthy is an Indian Businessman, Software Engineer and a Forbes Billionaire. In 2010, Forbes has estimated his Net Worth US $ 1.6 Billion making him India’s Top 50 Richest person.
N R Narayana Murthy is the founder and Chairman of Infosys Technologies, the IT Services company headquartered in Bangalore, India.
Birth and Early Life
Narayana Murthy was born on 20th August 1946 into a Kannada Madhva Brahmin Family in Mysore, India.
Murthy graduated with a degree in electrical engineering from theNational Institute of Engineering, University of Mysore in 1967 after attending government school, and received his master's degree from IIT Kanpur in 1969.
His first position was at IIM Ahmedabad as chief systems programmer where he worked on a time-sharing system and designed and implemented a BASIC interpreter for ECIL (Electronics Corporation of India Limited).
After IIM Ahmedabad, he then joined Patni Computer Systems in Pune.
Before going to Mumbai, he met his wife Sudha Murthy who was an Engineer and working at Tata Engineering and Locomotive Co. Ltd.
In 1981, with the investment of Rs.10,000 (US $ 250) from his wife he founded Infosys with 6 other people Nandan Nilekani, Kris Gopalakrishnan, S. D. Shibulal, K Dinesh and with N. S. Raghavan.
A middle class man sells his wife’s gold ornaments and starts software company along with his six friends.His wife equally competent chooses to stay away from INFOSYS and work for the foundation which she has taken to equal heights.After ten years of struggling INFOSYS was still not up and running and Narayan Murthy offers( wittily ) to buy back six others for a hand some amount of a million dollar, then in next ten years INFOSYS become first billion dollar company and rest is History.
Narayana Murthy and his wife Sudha have 2 Children.
Narayana Murthy Quotes
- “Our assets walk out of the door each evening. We have to make sure that they come back the next morning.”
- “Performance leads to recognition. Recognition brings respect. Respect enhances power. Humility and grace in one's moments of power enhances dignity of an organisation,”
- “The real power of money is the power to give it away.”
- “In God we trust, everybody else bring data to the table.” s
- “Progress is often equal to the difference between mind and mindset.”
- “I want Infosys to be a place where people of different genders, nationalities, races and religious beliefs work together in an environment of intense competition but utmost harmony, courtesy and dignity to add more and more value to our customers day after day.”
- “A clear conscience is the softest pillow in the world."
- “When in doubt, disclose."
Infosys – Corporate Profile
Infosys (BSE: 500209, NASDAQ: INFY) is an information technology services company headquartered in Bangalore, India. Infosys is one of the largest IT companies in India with 114,822 employees (including subsidiaries) as of 2010. It has offices in 30 countries and development centres in India, China,Australia, UK, Canada and Japan.
Murthy started a new venture capital fund called Catamaran Venture Fund with the money he got by selling 800,000 Infosys shares worth 174 Crores. Sudha Murthy does it again by helping him in setting up his VC Fund by giving him Rs.430 crores which she got by selling quarter of her stake 1.6% in Infosys.